Creating a wonderful bedroom does a lot more than just create a pleasant space. It creates a stress-free haven that lets you sleep more peacefully. A nice bedroom does not have to cost an arm and a leg, though. You can easily redecorate your bedroom fast and without huge cost by:
1) Lighting some candles. Low lighting, scent, and pretty candleholders create a warm, intimate mood. Plus, scented candles can take care of that musty smell that some bedrooms can get. Select some nice candlesticks and shop around for high-quality candles in scents that you love. Consider pretty candle shades to create an even more subdued light and to create added visual interest. Feel free to decorate your candle shades yourself. Simple clip on earrings can brighten up an old shade wonderfully.
2) Opening the windows. We often leave the bedroom drapes drawn, but simply opening the curtains – not to mention the window – can let in bright light and a breath of fresh air. Good ventilation in your room can also help dispel dust and mold. Sunlight can also help combat any mold in your bedroom. Often, a bedroom will look extra dingy simply because of too little light and air.
3) Putting some mementos on display. You do not have to spend a lot of money on art and trinkets. Grab some of the things that you already have – pretty costume jewelry, cards from friends, and collectibles – and display them in your room. You can purchase inexpensive frames at your local craft store. For larger items, consider shadow boxes – they look like frames but offer more space for 3-D items. If you have spent money on nice accessories at jewelry stores, why hide it away in a dusty box? Display your treasures where you can admire them.
4) Using storage items wisely. Often, bedrooms get to look cluttered because it is so tempting to relax after a long day by refusing to pick up clothes and other items. Plus, clutter in your bedroom can hide dust and mold, which can be dangerous for your health. When organizing your bedroom, think vertically. Put in shelves and tall drawers that hold lots of items. Get some bed risers to elevate your bed and create more storage space underneath. Since your bedroom is a casual place, you might want to add some pretty open boxes for quick cleanups. An open hamper near your closet can easily allow you to gather up dirty laundry. Avoid the ugly plastic bins and choose a pretty (and washable) cloth container instead.
5) Adding scent. Bedrooms can easily get stale. Adding scented sachets keeps the air and your clothing fresh. Tuck some anti-static sheets in your laundry hamper to freshen up the hamper. Rather than spraying around room sprays – which contain lots of chemicals and don’t last long – try scented candles or open jars of natural potpourri.
6) Adding mirrors. Large mirrors over a mantelpiece or on a wall capture the light effectively and create the illusion of a larger, brighter room.